Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Zak McKraken



It's blog, it's blog. It's big, it's heavy, it's wood! It's blog, it's blog, it's better than bad, it's good. Everyone wants a blog...

I find myself thinking about random things....a lot....past and present. Sometimes I wonder why certain memories stick while others fade away. And I'm not talkin' BIG memories with major significance such as graduating college, first kiss, grandma dying etc....but the small obscure memories and references. You know, the stuff that maybe only you or yourself & friend would understand. So I figured starting a blog filled with these nostalgic tid-bits would be a fun outlet for myself.

Zak McKraken, an old school Commodore 64 game my siblings & I played as youngsters, is exactly that... a nostalgic tid-bit, a tiny slice of memory fun. The game begins with Zak (a reporter) packing his stuff before leaving to cover a story about a vicious two-headed squirrel spotted in Seattle. About to hit the door, Zak turns to his fish tank and says "come with me sushi" (it's actually written in text on the screen)... I chose "go with me sushi" because it just looks better. Anyway, to this day that little line makes us laugh. Not sure why it does, but it does and I like it. So there ya go, the blog's inspiration revealed....I'm tellin' you it's heavy stuff, only the deepest thinkers need apply. Like Ace Ventura said "Well you'd better be sure, because once you get in my head, there's no turning back baby."



Honestly, I'm just gonna write/post whatever I want....random tid-bits, chunks, nuggets, slices etc.

1 comment: