Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post V-Day Encouragement

You made it through Valentine's Day and you're SO glad it's over. What a stupid holiday right?? Every pink card, red flower, and chocolate mystery candy thoroughly fills you with disdain. Love, who needs that crap...

If these are your thoughts, I have a word of encouragement ....



SMILE!!

Because....


Gotta say, when I encountered this sweet man (we'll call him Hector) bearing this message of love it truly changed my life. One summer day, while visiting Chattanooga's indoor aquarium, I was lucky enough to run into this dear soul. Randomly standing next to him, I couldn't help but notice he too shared my deep fascination for the freshwater sturgeon exhibit. Those things are creepy and huge!! And like myself, he stared at this gigantic snaggletoothed monster of the lake with wide-eyed wonder. As we turned, heading to the next exhibit, I happen to catch the caring words on the back of his tee...touched? You bet I was..

Ok ok, I have a confession... I added the "even if" to soften the message a wee bit. From my personal experience with a*sholes, they don't do well with direct "in-your-face" expressions of anything, even deep expressions of love (see above tee-shirt).

Gosh, I hope a lot of as*holes read this...

Anyway....wherever you are Hector, thank you ♥

1 comment: